Re: regular patchy staging

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: regular patchy staging
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 11:09:50 -0000

Snip all and some updates.

For some background to patchy, see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/patchy

FWIW, it's normally me that runs patchy-staging, not David. I know he does run it when needed, but I have been running it generally twice a day for the last few weeks. My routine is to check when I get up and if there's a difference between staging and master, I boot my build machine and run patchy over breakfast. Ditto early evening.

So far, it has required zero intervention from me, which is good if it's a breakfast run - I wouldn't normally have the time to investigate problems then.

Setting it up was completely painless. The only reason I don't run it more often is (a) it doesn't seem needed - 12 hours to migrate to master doesn't seem excessive; (b) I can't run it most days, with college and CAB; and (c) I don't want to leave that machine running unattended.

It takes 17 minutes to run on the fast box.

--
Phil Holmes