Re: LSR is now on 2.14

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LSR is now on 2.14
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 07:22:55 +0100

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 06:57:37AM +0100, James wrote:
> I've updated LilyDev and been working with it this week testing the
> basics - it makes the code and the doc. I've given Mike a copy of the
> iso (as he was the only one I knew who used LilyDev in anger)

actually, all official lilypond releases are built with GUB.  :)
(running as a standalone installation, not inside virtualbox)

> As far as I know, this is good to go.

If you send me a link, I'll try it out because my phd dissertation
has completely unravelled into not even being able to produce a
pluck and I could really use something simple to work on.

> but if you
> ever wanted to make the whole doc you'd need more and 1 CPU with small
> amounts of RAM would take a while to compile all the doc. For LSR you
> don't need this, obviously.

If you're just doing a normal update from LSR, then no you don't
need it.  But if somebody is going to be deleting the now-unneeded
snippets (absolutely highly recommended, and I may even make that
a Critical issue), they'll need to compile the docs to check that
they haven't typo'd something.