Re: Staging/Master Merge - James' Patchy

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Staging/Master Merge - James' Patchy
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 19:15:11 +0100

On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 07:06:50PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> I did it as a single patch because it really makes sense like that.
> There's a lot of changes going on here.  63 deletions from new.

Deleting files from new has nothing to do with a full LSR import.
That is a separate change.

> If I could have worked out how to split them, while at the same time
> being able to keep track of what changes were still needed, I would
> have done. However, doing things like having a screech-boink.ly in
> new, with a screech-and-boink.ly in snippets,

Having a screech-boink.ly and a screen-and-boink.ly in snippets
for a few hours wouldn't be a bad thing.

> I've now got an even more humungous patch which includes the added
> files. My preference would be to push to staging, patchy and revert
> if there's a problem.

*shrug*
ok, if you want.  I really think you're making life more
complicated for yourself, but ok.

> What's the syntax for a revert?

In the case of staging, you delete the current staging branch,
then make a new one.