Re: Question re pushing to staging

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Question re pushing to staging
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:39:05 +0000

Hi James,

On 19/01/13 20:50, James wrote:
> Ian.
>
> On 19 January 2013 17:26, Ian Hulin <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I've just tried my first push to staging so a load of commenting I
>     added to main.cc for the Guile 2 conversion work didn't get lost. The
>     patch ran make check and make doc OK locally.
>
>     I followed the instructions in CG 3.4.11 and marked Tracker 1686
>     Fixed. �When should I see a thumbs up/thumbs down post on -auto?
>
>     Did I get the process right?
>

> Looking at the tracker, not really. :)

D'oh!! Sorry to all for getting this wrong.

It had already been through a Rietveld review, and the feedback I got
was "OK, tweak this bit, but how about pushing to staging so all the
comments are preserved".
> As far as this ought to have gone (and someone will correct me if I am
> wrong) is that a dev uses (for instance) git-cl to upload code to
> Rietveld, this sets the tracker to Patch-New and then when someone (i.e.

I modified the label to Fixed instead of Patch-New. Sorry.

Do I need to do anything so we get a proper audit trail?

Cheers,

Ian