Re: Eliminates the Hara_kiri_engraver. (issue 7061062)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Eliminates the Hara_kiri_engraver. (issue 7061062)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:11:48 +0000

"sneaky callback" is not a real concern...it's a pedantic concern.
If we're following the model to a T, grob properties should not be read
in engravers, just set.  The idea is that the engravers are creating the
grobs and fixing them up with properties if need be.  I prefer
duplicating a context and grob property rather than just having the grob
property, but people seem against this.  It is a trivial fix if people
become for it.

I think Keith's comment is fixed in this patch set (although I must
admit that I don't completely follow it either...this is a new corner of
the code for me).

https://codereview.appspot.com/7061062/