Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows

From: James
Subject: Re: Point and Click does not work on Windows
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:54:57 +0100

hello,

ArnoldTheresius wrote

/
/
>  call and redirect the output into a temporary file, then parse the file.
> Possibly we do this on several pathes in the windows registry until we get
> an string. Then we need to scan for specific keywords in this string to
> select one on the known editors.

I think there are two issues to consider:

 - a program is invoked which is not in a folder defined in the %path%
variable
 - the file has not the extension .ly

I've attached a small program to check the user's choice for an application
to open that file and to find the full command line command in HKCR\…
regQuery.bat
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n144800/regQuery.bat>

so if you can run such a "system" call you should get this information back

Windows 7 SP1 or other.

C:\Users\jlowe\Desktop>regQuery.bat
Environment variable my not defined

?

Am I supposed to run this bat file pre-edited or with an argument or something?

James