Re: Issue 4169: Line and page breaking syntactic sugar (issue 156400043

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 4169: Line and page breaking syntactic sugar (issue 156400043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 07:12:16 +0000

On 2014/10/22 05:48:36, Keith wrote:
On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:33:56 -0700,
<mailto:address@hidden> wrote:

> I've decided to keep the reverts for the On predefs, since \once
does
> not do what [the name implies] with these overrides.

Yuck.  The problem seems to be that the override takes effect at the
first beat
in a bar, after the paper-column for the previous barline has been
generated,
and the \once makes the override expire before the next bar.

Unfortunately this also means that
   \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission =
#'allow
    R1
only has effect /after/ the R1.

We have a workaround for that timing problem in \overrideProperty, and
then
\once works fine with

autoLineBreaksOn = {
   \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission
#'allow
   \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission =
#'allow }

I never really got \overrideProperty.  Would it cooperate with \once?
Does it only take effect once?

https://codereview.appspot.com/156400043/