Re: Issue 4169: Line and page breaking syntactic sugar (issue 156400043

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Issue 4169: Line and page breaking syntactic sugar (issue 156400043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:20:47 +0000

On 2014/10/22 10:33:30, Trevor Daniels wrote:
Thanks Keith

On 2014/10/22 05:48:36, you wrote:

> We have a workaround for that timing problem in \overrideProperty,
and then
> \once works fine with [line breaking]

That looks like the way to go.  It seems \once works fine with
\overrideProperty.

... but only for line breaking.  It seems that page breaking needs a
window of opportunity to break a page that is several bars long.  The
number of bars required varies with the length of the music between 2
and 5 or so, but I've never seen it less than 2.  So there's no chance
\once will work.

For consistency I'll use \overrides for both On and Off for page
breaking, and add a Known issue about \once.

https://codereview.appspot.com/156400043/