Re: Change the LilyPond default fonts to TeX Gyre

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Change the LilyPond default fonts to TeX Gyre
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 18:06:13 +0200 (CEST)

> You are aware that the current version of TeX Gyre fonts don’t
> contain Cyrillic letters, are you?

Yes, we are.

> "Our" old version has them, and TeX Gyre 0.996 had them, too, but
> they were removed for quality (and AFAIK licensing) reasons.

Yep.

> For me, Cyrillic support is important, but I’ll just use one of the
> old fonts.

Exactly!  If you want Cyrillic, you should use your own fonts.

What we want to achieve with the change is to make the documentation
of LilyPond reproducable on different hosts in an easy way.  For this
reason we are going to use Linux Libertine – it contains Cyrillic and
Hebrew, both used in the Unicode demo files.

    Werner