Re: Migrating the Issues DB from Google Code to Savannah

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Migrating the Issues DB from Google Code to Savannah
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 10:09:23 +0100

James, you wrote Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:36 AM

> On 14/08/15 12:03, Federico Bruni wrote:
>> Il giorno lun 3 ago 2015 alle 0:13, josiah oberholtzer
>> <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>>> I have some experience getting Python applications running under
>>> WSGI (and Apache, although I'm happy to learn nginx).
>>>
>>> I also have quite a bit of free time for the next few weeks.
>>>
>>> Let me know if there's any way I can help with the Allura
>>> deployment.
>>
>> Hi Josiah
>>
>> Thanks for offering your help! I'm going to send some information
>> off-list _______________________________________________
>>

> Any update on this?
>
> We've 5 days to go, and one more Patch Countdown (23rd).
>
> I need to understand how I am to manage the patches/issues if we're
> not going to be ready in time.

Well, there's little good news to report.

Our issues database with attachments can be imported to Allura at SourceForge,
but recent attempts have resulted in no searches due to the inverted index
creation failing.  Dave Brondsema, one of the Allura devs, is being very
helpful and is looking into this failure.  Assuming this can be fixed (and it
has worked fine in the past) it should be possible to have a working tracker at
SF within a week or two.

Progress with installing Allura at Savannah has stalled.  I'll leave Josiah or
Federico to fill in the details.  Looks most unlikely to be ready in time.

I suggest doing the final countdown, and then stop updating the issues DB other
than recording the resulting pushes.  I'll start the final import of the DB to
SF on Wed 26 Aug 2015.  It may take some days to succeed, depending on load, so
we should assume we have no tracker available for the whole of w/b 24 Aug 2015.

Until it works everyone will have to either stop work or preserve details of
their changes for the Issue DB ready to upload once we have a working tracker
again.

Trevor