Re: TextScript automatically italic in Dynamics context

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: TextScript automatically italic in Dynamics context
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 23:19:19 +0200

Am 26.08.2015 um 22:50 schrieb Wols Lists:
On 26/08/15 21:42, Abraham Lee wrote:
Why is that? I see no reason that text in this context *must* be italic
by default (and I know it can be changed back). Can someone help me
understand the logic there?

Because, in pretty much every score I know, dynamics text is always italic?
/DynamicText/ yes, but that is a different grob from TextScript, and semantically different. Personally, I fancy having a dedicated semantic level for something like ‘expressive mark’ (Ausdrucksbezeichnung), i.e. /dolce/ and /legato/ &c. So I defined an \ausdruck command (the German word was just the most concise version I could think of), which internally uses a markup command \expressive-mark, which currently does nothing but choose italic font-shape. But this is rather marginally related and nevertheless I agree that a Dynamics context shouldn’t make TextScript italic by default.

Yours, Simon

Cheers,
Wol