Re: More recent Python version

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: More recent Python version
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:20:25 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Bernard" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 12:44 AM
Subject: More recent Python version

Greetings All,

Current Python seems to be 2.4.5 as far as I can see. Is there any movement to update it to say 2.7?

I have the time and inclination to make this development contribution. Are there any fundamental objections? I’m aware it is a fairly large task.

Andrew

I don't see why anyone would object to an upgrade. What benefit does it bring?

Bear in mind that a lot of Python scripts do odd Lilypondy things: makelsr, for example.

--
Phil Holmes