Re: Add StaffAxis context type (issue 265730043 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add StaffAxis context type (issue 265730043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:55:40 +0000

On 2015/08/27 11:33:18, dak wrote:
mailto:address@hidden writes:

> On 2015/08/27 10:28:48, J_lowe wrote:
>> Passes make, make check and a full make doc.
>
>> reg test diff here:
>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9nZ5LHV2Ds6OEJuOXRpNE56YkE
>
>> PATCH_REVIEW
>
> and second reg test here
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9nZ5LHV2Ds6cFpVNDRsbThZX1U
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/265730043/

That does not look good.  The mere existence of StaffAxis should not
lead to such results.  I'll investigate.

Well, the regtests are awful.  They use \new Dynamics at top level, but
Score does not accept Dynamics.  So the regtests make do by creating a
PianoStaff for the Dynamics.  After the patch, they use StaffAxis
spontaneously instead of PianoStaff.  Neither makes any sense.  I'm
still fuzzy on why this leads to different spacing.  An obvious "fix"
would be not to have StaffAxis accept a Dynamics context.  But that does
not sound like an improvement.  It seems saner to see whether accepting
Dynamics at Score level would be a better idea.

https://codereview.appspot.com/265730043/