Re: Implement new markup-command combine-list (issue 264960043 by addres

From: thomasmorley65
Subject: Re: Implement new markup-command combine-list (issue 264960043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 12:02:14 +0000

On 2015/08/30 11:44:52, dak wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/264960043/diff/1/scm/define-markup-commands.scm
File scm/define-markup-commands.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/264960043/diff/1/scm/define-markup-commands.scm#newcode1758
scm/define-markup-commands.scm:1758: (define-markup-command
(combine-list layout
props args)
For better or worse, we don't have other commands of *-list form.
Commands that
_deliver_ a markup list are usually named *-lines for whatever reason.
 But this
command delivers a single markup.  I don't have a better proposal
though.

I thought about deleting old \combine, but too much user-code relies on
it.
Apart from not knowing python I really have no clue how something like
the below could be caught by a convert-rule:

\markup {
\combine
 arg1
 \combine
  arg2
  \combine
   arg3
   arg4
}

and transformed to:

\markup \combine-list { arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 }

https://codereview.appspot.com/264960043/diff/1/scm/define-markup-commands.scm#newcode1778
scm/define-markup-commands.scm:1778: (map (lambda (e)
(interpret-markup layout
props e)) args)))
This does not work for markup lists built using markup list commands.
The whole
line should rather be (interpret-markup-list layout props args)))

Done.
Thanks.

PATCH_NEW

https://codereview.appspot.com/264960043/