Re: Obsolete GSoC page (was: GSoC 2017)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Obsolete GSoC page (was: GSoC 2017)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 10:16:11 +0100

Il giorno lun 6 mar 2017 alle 7:20, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Am 06.03.2017 um 05:02 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
PS: If I do a google search for `lilypond gsoc', the first hit is the
     old

       http://lilypond.org/gsoc.html

     and only the second hit is the current

       http://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html

Any chance to fix this quickly, for example, to copy the latter to
     the former?

I'm very surprised and didn't even know such a page exists!

~/git/lilypond/source$ git grep gsoc
Documentation/es/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/, GSoC} es un Documentation/es/web/news.itexi:@uref{http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012, El
Documentation/fr/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/manual,
Documentation/it/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/, GSoC} รจ un programma Documentation/ja/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/, GSoC} is a global
Documentation/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/manual,
Documentation/web/news.itexi:@uref{http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012,
Documentation/zh/web/news-front.itexi:@uref{http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012,

This indicates that the GSoC page's translation hasn't been properly
updated for a number of languages, but it doesn't really show how a
gsoc.html should have been triggered.

IIRC there's a page for every @node, so:

$ git grep -i "@node gsoc"
Documentation/ca/web/community.itexi:@node GSoC 2012
Documentation/zh/web/community.itexi:@node GSoC 2012

seems to confirm your hypothesis that the website sync didn't work properly.

Is it possible that the HTML file is a leftover that simply hasn't been removed when uploading the updated site (how is that actually done)? If
so, I suggest to use a permanent redirect instead of copying over the
content.

Anyway, this should (urgently) be looked at by someone familiar with the
website build process.