Re: critical Lily to PDF question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: critical Lily to PDF question
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:53:52 +0200

> Do you mean running dvips directly on xxxxx.ly file? Without previously
> running Lilypond ?

Alternative 1 (single .ly file, you get just the music no titles):
>>lilypond file.ly
>>pdftex file.tex

Alternative 1B (same result):
>>lilypond file.ly
>>tex file.tex
>>dvips -Ppdf -ulilypond file.dvi
>>ps2pdf file.ps

Alternative 2 (single .ly file with titling information):
>>ly2dvi --pdf file.ly

Alternative 2B (prior to Lilypond 1.5.71):
>>ly2dvi file.ly
>>dvips -Ppdf -ulilypond file.dvi
>>ps2pdf file.ps

Alternative 3 (Music embedded in LaTeX document):
>> lilypond-book file.lytex
>>latex file.latex
>>dvips -Ppdf -ulilypond file.dvi
>>ps2pdf file.ps

Alternative 3B:
- Use \lilypond{...} or \begin[eps]{lilypond} ... \end{lilypond}
  for the music examples.
>>lilypond-book file.lytex
>>Run epstopdf on each lily-*.eps file
>>Edit file.latex according to my earlier mail or use latest
  Lilypond version from CVS.
>>pdflatex file.latex

    /Mats