Re: How to organize the source?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: How to organize the source?
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 23:33:08 -0500

On Saturday 22 February 2003 02:32 pm, Hans Forbrich wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote:

> > Your approach looks reasonable.  I personally have one \global
> > voice, which has all spaces, \breaks, \key, \time, and \mark, but
> > there's nothing wrong with spreading that across two voices.

If you use sly, you can put that in the rightmost part, which can
easily be first in the .ly score.  Since everything simultaneous is on
the same line, a separate part is just a little extra typing with
almost no visible result.

For orchestra, you might use a dummy part to keep the
different scores aligned.  That way you don't need to
mark comments.  DaveA

--
"Melody is the gift of God."
--Quincy Jones