Re: Suppressing the printing of default objects

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Suppressing the printing of default objects
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 08:32:45 -0400

On Thursday 22 May 2003 05:09 am, Nigel Warner wrote:
> Dear All,
>       I am using 1.6.8-4 under Cygwin and XP.
>       I am using lilypond-book to write some text about music
> and want to include some non-standard illustrations - for example,
> a stave embellished with a clef and a series of 7 key signatures
> one after the other. To distil the picture down to it's basic
> constituents I want to suppress the printing of the standard bits
> of stave furniture at will. The following morsel of code is my
> first attempt to suppress the printing of a default time signature
> but it does not do so.
>  \score {
>   \context Staff <
>   \property Staff.TimeSignature \override #'transparent = ##f
>       \notes {
>       d'8 e' g' g' fis' g' a' a' |  g' fis' c' d' d' d' r4 |  }
> }
>       If anyone can shed some light on this, or the problem of
> suppressing the printing of objects in general I would be grateful.

I think you could use  \remove Time_signature_engraver in the paper
block, This example is from searching \remove in the manual.

\score {
  \notes {
    c'4 c'4
  \paper {
    \translator {
      \remove Clef_engraver

>       Secondly, I have acquired the source and installed it but have
> been unable to generate the internals documentation using the
> incantation:
>       make -C Documentation/user/ out/lilypond-internals.html
> whilst standing in the top level directory - which is very vexing.
>       Thirdly, just in case you were wondering, I am doing this in Windows
> as Mandrake 9.1 does not support my motherboard/nvidia chipset yet so
> I am without sound under Linux. Does anyone know how to write to a
> NTFS partition from Linux ? As far as I can tell Linux is mounting it
> read/write but I can't
> seem to write to it.

As root?  DaveA

The biggest losers of all are the winners of an unjust war.
The wars are not over.  Just the winning part is over.
Bush lied.  Thousands died.  dra@