Re: conditional

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: conditional
Date: 02 Oct 2003 13:14:32 +0300

Ok I seeOn Thu,
how do i make this conditional,
What I am thinking of is creating the files with "conditional text"
storing them in a database and issing a command that would have the
database or a repository output a book with no header info because the
info will be in a latex file for instance. For a web site maybe only the
title.

I am getting the feeling that the answer is from outside of lilypond.
If I am not mistaken I probably need to tag it as you suggest and then
use grep or some other tool to find the tags to display or not.

Which seems most confusing to me because how will it tell lilypond this.
Is there some scheme for this. This seems like an xml/xsl trick.
I remember reading that there is xml of lilypond, I wonder if it could
be done in xml.

For me this is not academic I want to manipulate lilypond files to
appear differently or be used differently in different context. One is
the use of the notation to index the audio files in a direcotory or in a
database, many of them don't have a unique name and the notation being
ascii tags each song most accurately.

Thanks
So far
Aaron