Re: Spacing Dynamics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Spacing Dynamics
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:17:22 +0200

What version of LilyPond do you use (always tell, when you send questions
to the mailing list)?

If the forte and the crescendo overlap, I would consider it a bug.

   /Mats

Brett Duncan wrote:

I'm new to Lilypond, so this may be a dumb question!

On a piece that I'm trying to set out, the composer has indicated at a
particular note (slurred to the next) that the note should be forte but
also that a crescendo (text, not hairpin) starts from this note.

I duly put in

\setTextCresc aes16\f(\< g)\!

- the 'f' appears over the beginning of 'cresc.'.

How do I put some space between these two things?

TIA

Brett