Re: transpose, transposition, and relative

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: transpose, transposition, and relative
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:44:30 -0500

On Sunday 06 February 2005 04:08 pm, Graham Percival wrote:
> On 5-Feb-05, at 9:40 AM, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> >> As I've said before, please tell me exactly what section(s) should
> >> changed, and exactly
> >> what should be changed or added.
> >
> > Table of Contents
> >
> >     * GNU LilyPond \u2014 The music typesetter
> >     * Preface
> >           o Notes for version 2.4
> >     * 1 Introduction
> >           o 1.1 Engraving
> >           o 1.2 Automated engraving
> > Something like this? --> Relevant Features/Limitations
> >                          (of the languages (TeX, LaTeX, Scheme,
> > etc.) o 1.3 What symbols to engrave?
> >           o 1.4 Music representation
> >           o 1.5 Example applications
> >
> > While you do skirt the topic several times in the section, I think
> > it deserves a subsection heading.  daveA
>
> OK, got it.  We should have a section about "Relevant
> features/limitations".
> I'm not certain if the intro is the best place for it -- maybe
> somewhere in
> chapter 7 or 8 would be better?

In the intro the prospective user is told about the programs
lilypond uses.  That is an appropriate place to mention that
one can't use numbers in definitions--before the tutorial,
where an example is given.   Another?  TeX has a memory
limitation that I ran into once.  That was interesting.  daveA

--
The only technical exercises for guitar which are worthy of the
instrument consist in "Dynamic Guitar Technique".  I promise miracles.