Re: PNG problem with 2.5.27 on WinXP

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: PNG problem with 2.5.27 on WinXP
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 21:39:51 +0200

Roman V. Isaev writes:

> On 06/05, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>
>> > By the way, I had to comment out in lilypond.bat
>> > cd %USERPROFILE%\<<Desktop>>
>> > where <<Desktop>> is cyrillic "rabochij stol" because cd doesn't like
>> > to go into argument with spaces...
>> Does adding quotes help?
>
>       Nope. Because real path is "d:\Documents and Settings\rm\<<Desktop>>>"
> while batch file wants to go to "d:\Documents and Settings\<<Desktop>>>"
> rm is my username in XP (I suspect it's different from win98, but I don't
> have 98 boxes around to prove this).

Quite strange.  The installer explicitely asks where the desktop is, and the
answer it got was %USERPROFILE%\Desktop>.

What does

    regtool get '/user/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/User
Shell Folders/Desktop'

say?

>       Well, how to hack lilypond so it would leave .ps in gui mode until
> PNG-able version goes out? And why old ps2png can cut the bottom of the
> png page?

try hacking scm/backend-library.scm.  The next version will have png
output, becaus it was quiet on the mailing lists today ;-)

Jan.