Re: PNG problem with 2.5.27 on WinXP

From: Roman V. Isaev
Subject: Re: PNG problem with 2.5.27 on WinXP
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 00:14:23 +0400

On 06/05, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> >> Does adding quotes help?
> >     Nope. Because real path is "d:\Documents and Settings\rm\<<Desktop>>>"
> > while batch file wants to go to "d:\Documents and Settings\<<Desktop>>>"
> > rm is my username in XP (I suspect it's different from win98, but I don't
> > have 98 boxes around to prove this).
> Quite strange.  The installer explicitely asks where the desktop is, and the
> answer it got was %USERPROFILE%\Desktop>.
> What does
>     regtool get
> '/user/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/User Shell
> Folders/Desktop'
> say?

        There is no such regtool.exe binaries in my Windows installation...

> >     Well, how to hack lilypond so it would leave .ps in gui mode until
> > PNG-able version goes out? And why old ps2png can cut the bottom of the
> > png page?
> try hacking scm/backend-library.scm.  The next version will have png
> output, becaus it was quiet on the mailing lists today ;-)

        Uhm, just looked there... darn intimidating. Well, commenting out

(if (running-from-gui?) (delete-file name)

did the trick. Now only if I could find why PNG files got truncated at
bottom... probably it's a problem with paper sizes.

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.soprano-recorder.ru         Moscow, Russia