Note chart

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Note chart
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:27:18 +0000

Possibly a bit off-topic:

I'm helping a colleague prepare a trombone method book (the first such
to be prepared in Icelandic).  He wants some basic music theory
information in the front material.  Specifically, he wants one of those
charts with a whole note at the top and then below it, two half notes
connected to it with lines, below that would be four quarters etc.  In
other words, the kind of thing one would find at the beginning of the
Arban book.

This is probably not strictly a LilyPond question.  I suspect I'll need
some LaTeX graphing package or other, one that makes trees.  Then I want
to hang feta note glyphs on the tree.

-David