Re: "\unfoldRepeats" bug? [was: Partial measure moment]

From: Gilles
Subject: Re: "\unfoldRepeats" bug? [was: Partial measure moment]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:06:20 +0100

> > (1)
> > First, is this in effect the most straightforward way to obtain
> > the expected result?
> No, a problem is that \cadenzaOff doesn't mark the end of the bar (there will
> be four beats before the candenza bar is finished).

I don't get what you mean; maybe you could correct the "" example.
> > What would the equivalent incantation using "Timing.measurePosition"?
> I guess it'd be something like
> \set Timing.measurePosition = #(make-moment 1 4)
> where you now inserted \cadenzaOn. But I don't know, so please experiment.

I don't seem to get it any better with these "moments":  In addition to the
warnings, I get a bar printed at the wrong place :-{

> > (2)
> > In the 3rd attached file, when "\unfoldRepeats" is put back in,
> > warnings show up:
> That's becaue you don't end the cadenza within the repeat. Repeat unfolding
> works in principle by copy&paste, so you will have two \cadenzaOn:s followed
> by two cadenzaOff:s in your example; this may give unexpected results.

Well...  The authoritative (Han-Wen) answer seems to indicate that there is
currently no way to improve the notation and get rid of the warnings.