Re: hi

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: hi
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 00:34:35 +0100

I'm taking this to the user-mailing list, I hope you don't mind.

Aaron Dunn wrote:
[..]
to convert sibelius files into lilypond format.

I think the easiest route is to get the sibelius plugin for exporting to MusicXML

  http://www.recordare.com/sibelius/

and then use musicxml2ly (or xml2ly, see http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-12/msg00107.html)

Of course, funding for additional features for musicxml2ly is warmly recommended!

Are there instructions on using etf2ly ?

There is the manual page,

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.6/Documentation/user/lilypond/Invoking-etf2ly.html

Is it possible to convert this to a stand alone program?

Yes, it is. In fact,

http://lilypond.org/download/binaries/mingw/lilypond-tools-2.6.0.zip

should contain .exe files for etf2ly.

The musicxml convertor is only a week old, so you'll have to be a bit more patient for exe files of that one.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com