Re: Including style files

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: Including style files
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:17:39 -0200

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:24:42 +0100
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Daniel Johnson wrote:
>  > ...
> > This becomes much easier in later versions of the 2.7 tree, when
> > many \set's are replaced by \override's and therefore are eligible
> > to be included in a global \layout block (this includes
> > vertical-extent).
>
> It's not more or less difficult to do global settings of context
> properties (corresponding to \set ...) than object properties
> (corresponding to \override ...).
> For example, a setting like
> \set PianoStaff.connectArpeggios = ##t
> can be done globally by
> \layout{
>    \context{
>      PianoStaff
>      connectArpeggios = ##t
>    }
> }
>
> If this isn't clear from the manual, we probably need to add some
> clarifications.

It was just recently I actually understood that \set is for context
properties and \override for object properties. I think it's not very
clear in the manual, perhaps it's written somewhere but I think most of
us like to lookup stuff in the manual and not read it from beginning to
end! Also, it would feel more logical if you did

\context {
  \PianoStaff
  \set connectArpeggios = ##t
}

(notice the \set), since it would be more corresponding to what you do
inside a context...

/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-