RE: Three Questions

From: Nahum Wengrov
Subject: RE: Three Questions
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 05:54:59 +0200

To: 'Mats Bengtsson'

>>>Read Section "8.3.2 Hiding staves" and don't forget about the
>>>remove-first option. Lyrics work this way by default.

The example doesn't show me how and where to use the following line:

   \override Score.RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup #'remove-first = ##t

Where exactly do I place it?

I am copying here a snippet out of my (quite intricate) .ly file:

      \layout { indent = 0.0\cm
         \context { \override Score.RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup #'remove-first
= ##t
                    \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
         \context {

The log says:

Pirates2.ly:226:35: error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting SCM_T or
SCM_IDENTIFIER
         \context { \override Score
                                   .RemoveEmptyVerticalGroup #'remove-first
= ##t

Help appreciated!