symphonic, continuos movements, percussion, midi

From: alexandre reche e silva
Subject: symphonic, continuos movements, percussion, midi
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:02:47 +0000 (UTC)

Peace and Health in Jesus Christ

\version “2.4.5”

I'm about a orchestral piece. As a lily newbie it have been an endure to
me. It is like to learn driving with a truck.

The piece has 3 parts but they are not distinct movements, instead,
sections to be played continuously.

What have I been done:
1. after type instruments in separated files (for example, fluteI.ly,
fluteII.ly and fluteIII.ly),
2. I did prepare separated files to each section (sectionI.ly,
sectionII.ly and  sectionIII.ly) and, finally,
3. I made a central file which calls the sections.

Then, one demand arose in relation to the setting of the sections names
(once the titling procedure was left behind, because they were thought to
distinct movements, I think). Gently, mr. /Mats suggest me the following:

[quote]

movementOne = {c d e f}
movementTwo = {g f e d}
movementThree = {c e g c,}

\score{
  {
    \mark "Movement 1" \movementOne
    \mark "Adagio" \movementTwo
    \mark "Finale"  \movementThree
[end of quote]

A) Nevertheless,  marks alignment cannot be tuned and is centred “by
nature”. How to force left align? In other words, they are displayed
centered to the barline and my texts (the name of the sections) are quite
long so we got it over two or three measures (centered at bar 46, for
example), like this:

     I - The Great Name of The Section
44       45        46        47
|c d e f | g a b c || d e f g |...

But we need (bar 46 left align):

                    I - The Great Name of The Section
44       45        46        47
|c d e f | g a b c || d e f g |...

B) Other question.  The last notes of first section tied with first notes
of the second section dont tie, indeed. What to do?

C) The metronome mark collide with high notes in the first staff. How lift
it up?

D) And, at last, to the ones engraving symphonic music or something:
   D1) Which is the better way to deal with percussions? (I've studied
\drummode, \drums, \DrumVoice, \DrumContext, DrumStaff, \DrumStaffContext
and a suggestion on this issue will be very appreciated.)
   D2) How about the percussion midi be audible, e.g., the relation
graphic versus sound? I mean, is there a “WYSIWYG practice”
dealing with (simple) symphonic percussion under Lilypond?

Thanks in advance,
^“a r s”

PS: In time: using /mark to "titling" also adds a empty staff at the top
of the others?!?!