Re: alignAboveContext problems together with \lyricsto

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: alignAboveContext problems together with \lyricsto
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:40:25 +0100

Eduardo Vieira wrote:

Yes it is a great feature. I just used it tonight in transcribing a song. By
the way, I still have a problem with the setting of the lyrics, and for this
reason I attached its file.
Alright, I managed to put the lyrics of the bass above the clef in the
refrain. But I couldn't force it to go further up:
The 3rd system (measure 7) has these lyrics settings:
The four stanzas        The refrain:
(...) His might.
(...) for you                            Trust in the One (...)
(...) to gain.                [I would like to put the words of the bass on
this line, more or less]
(...) the end.
Bass words ------------->  Trust in the One

I guess different lyrics contexts can't overlap, so what should I do? I
tried Lyrics.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent, but it didn't help.
The easiest trick is to simply use the same lyrics context twice.

If you replace your \score section with the following, you will
get the bass words of the refrain exactly on the same line
(since it's the same Lyrics context) as the third verse.

\score {
   \context ChoirStaff
   { <<     \staffSoprano
\context Lyrics = "firstline" { \lyricsto "melodySop" \verseI } \context Lyrics = "secondline" { \lyricsto "melodySop" \verseII } \context Lyrics = "thirdline" { \lyricsto "melodySop" \verseIII } \context Lyrics = "fourthline" { \lyricsto "melodySop" \verseIIII } \staffTenorSaxophone

       \context Lyrics = "thirdline" { \lyricsto "baixo" \basi }
       \context Lyrics = "thirdline" { \lyricsto "chrd"  \tebai }
       \context Lyrics = "thirdline" { \lyricsto "baixoii"  \basii }
       \context Lyrics = "thirdline" { \lyricsto "chrdii"  \tebaii }
>> } \midi {
   }

   \layout  {

Note that I removed some unnecessary \lyricsmode directives.

 /Mats