Re: Multiple Midi Files

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Multiple Midi Files
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:24:41 +0100

Ramana Kumar wrote:

I believe you should be able to write the piece out all in one score
block... did you try to do this and how did it fail?
I'm thinking of something like
\score { << {piano} \\ {melody} \\ {lyrics} >> << {SATB} \\ {piano} >> \midi }
what's wrong with the pdf that comes out of that?
The idea is right, the details are wrong, since the
<< {...} \\ {...} >> construct only can be used to get
several voices in one and the same stave.

However, if you have two \score blocks that look like:
\score{
  <<
   any music that is in the first score

}

\score{
  <<
   any music that is in the second score

}

Then, you can combine them into a single score, using
\score{
%%% Make a sequence of the two:
{
%%% First section:
  <<
   any music that is in the first score

%%% Add a line break, if you wish:
\break
%%% Second section:
  <<
   any music that is in the second score

%%% End of the sequence:
}
%%% End of the \score:
}

   /Mats

as for getting a single midi file from separate score blocks... it may
be possible but i don't know.