Re: Pictures too small

From: Dunstan Vavasour
Subject: Re: Pictures too small
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:33:02 +0000

For MS word I strongly recommend using EPS. You must set tagline to
"", and this will generate a nice tight eps file with a very basic
rough preview. Taking a screen print will result in very coarse
resolution.

Then, in MS word, use "insert picture from file", browse to where the
eps file is saved and import it. You can resize the fragment as with
any other image by dragging the frame. To preview, print the file to a
PDF file using FreepdfXP - notice that, because the fonts are embedded
in the EPS file, you can magnify the output without the resolution
coarsening.

Though it pains me to say so, I find that EPS import into MS word is
the most satisfactory way (on Windows) to produce service sheets which
include both  large amounts of text and vector image lilypond output.