Re: [somewhat-OT] tweaking Lilypond PS/PDF output in (e.g.) Illustrator

From: Eduardo Vieira
Subject: Re: [somewhat-OT] tweaking Lilypond PS/PDF output in (e.g.) Illustrator
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 14:37:08 -0300

Hi Kieren,

I'll share some of my similar experiences. I have Corel Draw 7 (Windows),
and I could import Lilypond .ps files with no trouble if they were from
version 2.6.3. But I had to choose the option of importing text as vector,
not as text, for if I tryied otherwise all the music glyphs that are fonts
would be displayed. I don't know if Illustrator gives you the option of
importing text as vector. I really don't see much, if any, loss of quality
by doing that. I have a laser printer and the output is fine.
I'm also still curious how to make Corel Draw recognize, include or import
the font, whatever term is more proper.
Now, recent versions ( 2.7.x?), Corel couldn't open at all. Too bad :( Then
I found a workaround: I open Lilypond's PDF output with Adobe Reader, use
PDF995 virtual printer, using the option "print to file". Then the generated
.prn file can be open in Corel Draw, like I used to do before. I haven't
tested multiple pages yet with this workaround.

Regards,

Eduardo