Re: how to get lilypond to ignore text when creating spaces

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: how to get lilypond to ignore text when creating spaces
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:42:47 +0200

Did you read the section on Common Tweaks? It describes the padding property which often is the best way to move things
vertically.

  /Mats

Quoting dave k <address@hidden>:

Currently I am doing something like this:

        \once \override TextScript #'Y-offset = #-5
        \once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0.0 . 5.0)

But it seems not to be the best way. How can I achieve the same effect?