Re: how to get lilypond to ignore text when creating spaces

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: how to get lilypond to ignore text when creating spaces
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:45:47 +0200

LilyPond will ignore the extra-offset, but it will still move the chords according to the normal position of the text. If you don't want that, you can specify a fixed vertical extent of the Staff, see the section on Vertical Spacing and follow the link at the bottom of the page to the VerticalAlignment object
for more information.

  /Mats

Quoting dave k <address@hidden>:

I am using text markup, and Lilypond kindly moves the chord symbols higher to
accomodate them. But sometimes I want to use extra-offset to move the markup,
and I want Lilypond to completely ignore the markup, i.e., not move the chord
symbols higher. How to I get it to do this?