Re: System at bottom page on score

From: Tomas Valusek
Subject: Re: System at bottom page on score
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:46:22 +0200

Hello,

Dave K. napsal(a):
Anyone know a reason why it isn't?

You want to set:

\paper {
       ragged-bottom = ##t
}

I'm not sure why this isn't the default.

Well, I think it's because LilyPond coders suppose to use LilyPond for typesetting multipage pieces and ragged bottom doesn't look well. In a template I use I've even set ragged-last-bottom to ##f and play with the system-count variable.

I think templates are a good place to set defaults according to everyone's taste, I've also included in my personal template some complicated code structures to reduce typos.

Tomas Valusek