Lilypond on max os x takes huge amount of time

From: Peter van Kranenburg
Subject: Lilypond on max os x takes huge amount of time
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:31:45 +0000 (UTC)

When typesetting a score using lilypond on Mac Os X, it takes a long time before
lilypond starts to parse the inputfile (aprox one and a half minute on my
system). During this time there is no feedback yet.

Is this a known problem? Is there a solution for it?

I noticed that the file .lilypond-2.8.5-font.cache-1 in my homedir is empty.
Maybe this has somthing to do with it?

Lilypond 2.8.5-1
Mac Os X 10.3.9
PowerPC G4 1.25 GHz
My homedir is on a network drive, lilypond is installed on the local harddisk.

Thanks in advance,

Peter van Kranenburg

Peter van Kranenburg MA MSc
Ph.D. Student WITCHCRAFT Project
Department of Information and Computing Sciences
Utrecht University

Visiting Address:
Meertens Instituut
Room 0.54