Lilypond on max os x takes huge amount of time

From: Peter van Kranenburg
Subject: Lilypond on max os x takes huge amount of time
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:31:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

When typesetting a score using lilypond on Mac Os X, it takes a long time before
lilypond starts to parse the inputfile (aprox one and a half minute on my
system). During this time there is no feedback yet.

Is this a known problem? Is there a solution for it?

I noticed that the file .lilypond-2.8.5-font.cache-1 in my homedir is empty.
Maybe this has somthing to do with it?

Lilypond 2.8.5-1
Mac Os X 10.3.9
PowerPC G4 1.25 GHz
My homedir is on a network drive, lilypond is installed on the local harddisk.

Thanks in advance,
regards,

Peter van Kranenburg

--