Re: Markup macro?

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Markup macro?
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:38:47 +0200

> Hi, Stewart:
>
>> I can do what I want with \markup { \finger "5-4" }, but I'm
>> looking for a
>> nice neat macro I can use instead of having to add markup every time.
>
> Have you tried \displayMusic?  =)

Stewart,

when the straight-forward #{ #} possible solution fails, reverting to
plain scheme, with the help of \displayMusic, is indeed what should be
done.

Try:

  \displayMusic c'
  \displayMusic c'^\markup \finger "3-5"

and see the difference: that would be the body of your music function,
that will be used that way:

 c'-\functionName "3-5"  %% you cannot use ^\funName or _\funName
                         %% so direction should be hard coded

If you don't find a working solution, ask again here.

BTW, these are functions, not macros.

nicolas