Re: Lilypond + LaTex (on Mac)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Lilypond + LaTex (on Mac)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 02:28:10 -0700

Geoff Horton wrote:
Thanks, Graham. So here's what Peter (and I) need to do, assuming that
you moved the LilyPond app off your desktop and into the Applications

Werner mentioned altering the documentation. Just in case you don't have it handy, here's the link:

1) Open a new terminal window.

Make sure to hit <Return> at the end of that line, and make sure not
to add any spaces before the colon, which has to be there. My line
looks like this:

export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Applications/

IMO, it's better to do this:
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/Apps/

That way the existing path is still used, even if it's set somewhere else (say, /etc/profile).

8) Type <Ctrl>X, which closes the editor.

All of these can be condensed to
$ cat "export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/Apps/" >> ~/.profile

(or something like that; please test it before suggesting a doc change)

11) Open a new terminal window and see if lilypond-book works now.

Peter, did you do this? After making the change, you _must_ quite terminal and then re-start it. In addition, are you sure you have the right directory? Where did you put lilypond?

- Graham