Re: Two staves one stops with repeat the other continues

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Two staves one stops with repeat the other continues
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 09:31:04 +0100

I don't understand what you want to do. If you want to print the full score
with both parts, then I cannot see how it would be possible to get a readable
score if you keep the original repeats from the separate parts. What layout
do you want?

Jay Hamilton wrote:
I wrote a little chaconne duet violin/cello
The cello part has the ostinato of 4 bars and repeats 3 times the violin part
has 7 bars a repeat then a 2nd ending.

I wanted to print it out that way but the repeat sign always extends to the
other staff.

version 2.8.4

Thanks if you can just point me to the link in the manual, I couldn't figure
out what to search for.

Jay Hamilton

lilypond-user mailing list

        Mats Bengtsson