chords in fragments?

From: Peter
Subject: chords in fragments?
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:33:38 +0200

Goodnight all,

I'm a bit at loss here, so I kindly request a bit of help.

I'm trying to `save' snippets of chords in variables, like I do with plain notes, and then combine them in score. The problem I have is that each separate part of chords appears on a new line, as shown in the attached picture.
(Mac OSX 10.3.9, Lilypond 2.11.25-1 on powerpc)

%>>>>>> start here
\version "2.11.25"

\layout {
    #(set-default-paper-size "a4")
    ragged-last = ##t
    ragged-right = ##f

\header {
       title = "Belles des Bois"

akstrofe = \chords {
    b2:m a4 b4:m |
    b4:m a:7 d fis:m |

    b2:m a4 b4:m |
    b2:m a4/fis b:m |

akrefrein = \chords {
    e2:m a4:m e:m |
    d2 b4:m e:m |
    e2:m a4:m e:m |
    d2 b4:m e:m
strofe = \relative c {
  \repeat volta 2 {
    b4 b e, b' |
    b4 b8 e, fis a cis fis, |
    b4 b e, b' |
    b4 fis fis8 cis' b4 |
refrein = \relative c {
  \repeat volta 2 {
    e,4 e a e |
    d'8 d8 ~ d8 d8 d16 e16 fis8 e4 |
    e,4 e4  a e |
    d'8 d8 ~ d8 d8 d16 e16 fis8 e4 |

akkoorden = \chords {

noten =   {
  \clef bass
  \set Staff.instrumentName = "Contrabass "
  \key b \minor
  \time 4/4

  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
  \mark \markup { \musicglyph #"scripts.segno" " Strofe 1,2"}

  \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #left
  \mark "refrein"

\score {
  \layout {}
%<<<<<<<<<<<< end here

The result is like this:

PNG image

Notice the staircasing chord names... Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

BTW, how can you attach two marks to the same note (the segna and a rehearsal mark?) without having Lilypond "junk" it?