Re: Latest Lilypond versions on Ubuntu?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Latest Lilypond versions on Ubuntu?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:22:03 +0100

2008/1/9, Joseph Haig <address@hidden>:
> I use Lilypond on Ubuntu and I just user the installer from
>  Get the latest from here:
>   <>
> and then in a console,
> $ chmod +x
> $ sudo ./

This is correct but there is no need to make the script executable if
you launch it as an argument of the sh command, this way:

sudo sh

As you are on the same directory the script is, and it is a regular
filename used as argument, also there is no need of the ./ part.

To uninstall, simply write "sudo unin" and press TAB, it will
autoexpand to uninstall-lilypond (unless you have more unin*
executables in your path)
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)