Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Feature request: attach notation elements to barlines
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:05:24 -0500

Hello Trevor,

it's possible that what we're really looking for here isn't the ability to attach to *barlines* but intead

I'd like to suggest that we're really looking for the ability to arbitrarily attach a duration to things such as hairpins -- for example, I'd like to be able to say

    c1\<4.

and have a whole note C with a hairpin that only goes a dotted quarter's worth of the horizontal extent of the note. The need to attach extra voices with skip notes, etc., is just an unfortunate hack -- not an inevitability in a notation program.

Best wishes,
Kieren.