Re: using lilypond book to create pdfs without latex

From: Philip Chinery
Subject: Re: using lilypond book to create pdfs without latex
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:27:44 +0200

> Please post under the text; this makes it much easier to follow
> discussions.  As you can see from this email, it becomes much
> harder to read if you don't do this -- newcomers must read the
> bottom two parts, then the top part, then this middle part.

I'm sorry for that, I am currently using my webmail client, which makes
it tempting to write at the top ;-)

> Long answer:
> What do you mean by a "songbird script"?

Oh dear, of course I mean "songbook script". My thoughts must have
wandered here...

> It's certainly possible to create multiple small portions of
> lilypond; see the docs about embedding lilypond output into other
> programs.  If you're familiar with the unix command line, it's
> trivial to convert eps to pdf images and include them wherever you
> want.

I am familiar with the command line, but i am working with windows.

I am basically looking for a promising place to start.

I have found this
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Inserting-LilyPond-output-into-other-programs#Inserting-LilyPond-output-into-other-programs>

That looks quite fine, except that this gives me the lilypond file in
one big file, not linewise. But I need to have the lines, as I want to
make page breaks and use the space under the music to add text.

kind regards,
Philip