Re: scheme music function going backwards in time (or "better mp dolce")

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: scheme music function going backwards in time (or "better mp dolce") [solved]
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 08:29:52 -0700

I have an announcement to make: I'm an idiot.

In my defense, nobody *else* pointed out that \tweak was
*invented* for customizing engraving of the next object in the
input stream, as opposed to \override.  The following lines fix
the "how do I backwards in time" problem:
       'tweaks
         (list (cons (quote X-offset) -1))

This version of the files now do the following:
- commands are placed after the note they belong to -- ie
  \pdolce behaves just like \p.  Except for the "dolce" part. :)
- commands use the correct amount of horizontal space.
- the resulting object is (mostly) centered with the dynamic under
  the notehead.  Thoughts about improving this would be
  appreciated.
- it still only does /dynamic/ /string/ marks, and I think I'll
  leave it that way.  As Kieren pointed out, this reduces the
  number of possible misunderstandings when musicians read music,
  and I'm all about reducing misunderstandings.

Cheers,
- Graham