how to install LilyPond Mode plugin in jEdit?

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: how to install LilyPond Mode plugin in jEdit?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:03:20 -0400

Hi folks,

I'm trying to help a friend of mine get started with LilyPond, and the easiest way I've found to do my .ly editing is via jEdit.  So I had her install that, as well as LilyPond.  But I can't seem to find out how to install the LilyPond Mode plugin.  Can anyone help here?  It's been several years and several versions since I did it, and we can't seem to get together on this.

I know I have issues with web navigation on my stupidly slow dial-up, and perhaps that's part of it.  But my friend seems to have about the fastest web available (NYC area), so it shouldn't be a problem for her.  So please, just give me step-by-step instructions for jEdit, and I'll relay them to her.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon+

--
Fr. Gordon Gilbert