Re: Arpeggio next to a chord

From: Miklos Vajna
Subject: Re: Arpeggio next to a chord
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 00:05:58 +0100

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 06:08:40PM +0100, "James E. Bailey" <address@hidden>
wrote:
> > Here is a picture about the original chord, just in case the
> > description would be hard to parse:
> >
> > http://frugalware.org/~vmiklos/pics/photo/P1000146.JPG
>
> Ah, well then, yes, you'd want to center column scripts.arpeggio and
> scripts.arpeggio.arrow.M1 in your markup.
>
> \version "2.12.1"
> \markup  \override #'(baseline-skip . -2 ) {
>     \center-column {
>      \center-column {
>        \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
>        \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
>        \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
>      }
>      \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio.arrow.M1"
>    }
> }

First, sorry for the double post (I posted, then read that users must
subscribe, so I resent the message).

Second, this does exactly what I want, but how do I use this next to a
chord?

I tried:

\arpeggioGuitar = \markup  \override #'(baseline-skip . -2 ) {
    \center-column {
     \center-column {
       \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
       \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
       \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio"
     }
     \musicglyph #"scripts.arpeggio.arrow.M1"

since I want to use this multiple times, but the I failed to use it next
to a chord, by using:

\chords {\germanChords e2:m b:m e1:m^\arpeggioGuitar e2:m e:m b:m b:m e:m e:m}

or

\chords {\germanChords e2:m b:m e1:m\arpeggioGuitar e2:m e:m b:m b:m e:m e:m}

I guess I'm missing something fundamental here, but I have no idea.

Thanks!