Re: bar numbers at beginning of bar - partial solution

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: bar numbers at beginning of bar - partial solution
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:47:07 -0700

Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Paul,

I just searched through the docs and I don't find the meaning of X-extent.
What does it mean?  What does the above do?

[Hint to everyone: using the 'site' Google-keyword is a great method of searching the docs!]

The first hit is

The first property description on that page is:
     "X-extent (pair of numbers) Hard coded extent in X direction."

I had no trouble finding X-extent in the docs. Reading that did not tell me what X-extent meant.

So the command I suggested simply convinces the spacing engine BarNumbers have no width.

That helps me make sense of what X-extent means.