Re: Total invisibility

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Total invisibility
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:20:17 +0100

El 19.02.2009, a las 19:45, Gilles Sadowski escribió:

Hi.

E.g. in this instance, I would have liked to keep the drone notes and the melody notes together (i.e. in the same file) because they both are the
bagpipe "content".
But that, as we've seen, that makes it difficult to separate the printed
from the midi output; hence I had to *separate* contents that belong
together (i.e. create the "drone" staff) and then use "\tag"...
No, that's not true. There's a difference between having them in the same file, and having them in the variable. You can have a variable drone = {music} and a variable pipes = {music} in the same file. And then your score has \new Staff <<\drone \pipes>> or not.

I've learned with lilypond to put one thing into a variable. If
there are two voice that are always two voices throughout the entire
piece, then it's easier to type those two voices into separate variables
and combine them in my staff, than to type them both into the same
variable.

Of course, that's also what I do.
But having the "drone" and "melody" in separate voices is not enough
Again, there's a difference between a "variable" and a "voice".