Question for PostScript gurus

From: TaoCG
Subject: Question for PostScript gurus
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to get more into postscript but am currently stuck with
I want to draw a grid and so far I tried to define a square box like this
/box { commands to draw a box } def

and then print the box several times to get a grid.
now it was only a small grid like 4² or 9² it would be easy enough just to
use the translate-command but if the grid gets larger it would lead into a
lot of typing which I am sure can be done simpler. I just haven't found out

So far I have tried the for-command and getting a single line of the grid is
If I try to put a second line it starts where the first has ended though and
I don't know how to change it.
I thought a simple x y moveto would be enough but it doesn't seem to do

I also thought about using an array but I don't really get how they work in
PS and I couldn't find good explanations online.

If someone can help me out or point me to a good online resource, I'd be
very grateful.